Direct database access will allow you to query all possible values for a given data tag.
Intrinio categorizes its data with “data tags.” If you would like to see all possible values that a given data tag can return, you can leverage direct database access with Snowflake.
This is an excellent example of a basic use case for this new integrated tool. For example, we’ll query sector, industry_category and industry_group.
- SELECT DISTINCT sector_name FROM companies ;
- Basic Materials
- Industrial Goods
- Consumer Goods
The industry category information:
- SELECT DISTINCT industry_category_name FROM companies ;
- Diversified Services
- Health Services
- Financial Services
- Materials & Construction
- Metals & Mini
and the industry group information:
- SELECT DISTINCT industry_group_name FROM companies ;
- Rental & Leasing Services
- Medical Appliances & Equipment
- Oil & Gas Equipment & Services
- Medical Laboratories & Research
- Internet Software & Services
- Savings & Loans
- Closed-End Fund - Equity
- Closed-End Fund - Debt
- Grocery Stores
These are the top 10 responses or each of these categories. For more information on Snowflake, watch our webinar or read the blog. As always, you can talk to our live support team at intrinio.com for access information.